Dentures By Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC in Flagstaff Arizona
Dentures are one of the oldest methods of restoring missing teeth. However, they are still very effective, especially for patients who are missing the majority of their teeth. Cost-effective, durable, and reliable, dentures can restore natural bite function quickly.
At the office of Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC, we provide expert denture crafting services in Flagstaff. Our general dentist, Dr. Dittberner, can craft comfortable and realistic dentures that provide fantastic results.
Need to learn more? Schedule your appointment with Dr. Dittberner at (928) 773-7900, or check out some frequently-asked questions about dentures below.
What Are The Different Types Of Dentures?
There are two primary types of dentures: full and partial dentures.
As the name may suggest, full dentures replace the entire set of either the upper or lower teeth. Any teeth that remain must be removed, as the denture must be placed directly on the gumline. This makes full dentures the best option for those who have undergone serious tooth loss due to periodontal disease, an impact injury, or other serious oral health issue.
Typically, full dentures are held in place simply by fitting directly over the gums, though denture adhesive can be used for a more secure fit. However, implant-supported dentures are also an option at many dental practices. Using a set of 4-5 dental implants, implant-supported dentures are installed semi-permanently in the mouth.
Partial dentures, on the other hand, replace only a few missing teeth. Crafted out of plastic and metal, they attach to existing teeth in order to fill in the gaps in teeth. They are a great solution for patients who have lost only a few teeth, and don’t want or can’t afford dental bridges or crowns.
How Much Is It To Get Dentures?
This depends on the type of dentures you’re getting. Here are some estimates, based on data from Animated Teeth.
- Full dentures typically cost between $1250-$2950 for one arch, either upper or lower. The cost will be higher if multiple teeth must be extracted, or other restorative work is required.
- Partial dentures vary in cost, because each patient’s mouth is different, and the materials used may vary. However, the cost usually ranges from between $935-$1975 for cast-metal partial dentures.
The cost of your dentures will vary depending on many factors. For a true cost estimate, contact the office of Dr. Jason Dittberner now at (928) 773-7900, and schedule a consultation.
Can You Get Same Day Dentures?
Yes! We offer “immediate dentures” at our office. Conventional dentures require a healing and fitting process of 2-3 months, but immediate dentures can be applied immediately after tooth extraction. This means you can restore your smile almost immediately!
However, there are drawbacks. Immediate dentures do not typically fit perfectly, and may cause the recession of gum and jaw tissue. In addition, the dentures may not fit after 6 months, and could require relining, which is very expensive.
Same day dentures are more expensive than conventional dentures. However, if you can’t live with the effects of missing teeth for several months, they may be the right choice for you.
What Are The Benefits Of Dentures?
Dentures have a wide variety of benefits.
- Fast treatment times – Conventional dentures usually take only 8-12 weeks to be placed and manufactured, and immediate dentures can be applied immediately after teeth are extracted. This makes dentures very fast compared to alternatives like dental implants.
- Can treat full “arches” of teeth – Alternative treatments like dental implants and bridges simply cannot be used to restore a full arch of missing teeth. Dentures are the best option to do so.
- Restores natural look and functionality of teeth – Dentures look just like real teeth, and allow you to speak, chew, swallow, and smile normally.
- Affordable – Compared to treatments such as dental implants and bridges, both full and partial dentures are very affordable. In addition, dentures are often covered by insurance companies.
Dr. Jason Dittberner – Expert Denture Services In Flagstaff!
Whether you need to replace an aging set of dentures in Flagstaff, or you need to replace multiple teeth with a partial or full arch denture, our general dentist is a wonderful choice. Dr. Jason Dittberner specializes in crafting comfortable, natural-looking dentures.
At our Flagstaff general dentistry practice, our patient-centered, informative style of dental care will help you understand every step of the process. So don’t let missing teeth hold you back. Get in touch with Dr. Jason Dittberner today at (928) 773-7900 to schedule your appointment, or come to our office at 750 N Kendrick St., Suite 200 Flagstaff, AZ 86001.