Dental Crowns & Caps | Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC
Need to restore a damaged, misshapen, or stained tooth? A ceramic dental crown or cap from Dr. Jason Dittberner in Flagstaff is the best choice. As an experienced cosmetic dentist, Dr. Dittberner specializes in applying high-quality, custom-built crowns and caps that can protect your damaged tooth, and restore your natural smile.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a type of dental prosthesis made from porcelain or ceramic materials. They’re built to mimic the shape and size of a healthy tooth, and are then bonded into place by Dr. Dittberner, covering your existing tooth.
Dental crowns are often used to cover and protect your tooth after severe cases of tooth decay, or after a root canal treatment. They can also be used to cap teeth that are misshapen or stained, or to repair damage to a tooth caused by an impact injury like a slip or fall.
In addition, dental crowns strengthen your existing tooth structure. Because they cover your entire tooth, they protect the underlying tooth from further damage, infection, and decay.
Who Are Crowns For?
Crowns can be used for many different purposes. Most commonly, they are used to treat cases of tooth decay and infection, especially when a standard filling is not enough to treat tooth decay.
However, crowns can also be used to treat teeth that have been damaged by issues like bruxism (teeth grinding) or excessive wear, as well as teeth that are chipped or cracked due to an accident or injury.
Dental crowns are also used for purely cosmetic purposes. If you have a tooth that is misshapen or stained, it can be capped and covered with a dental crown, restoring its natural appearance.
Not sure if crowns are for you? Contact Dr. Jason Dittberner today at (928)773-7900. We can discuss your treatment options, and Dr. Dittberner will help you decide whether or not a dental crown is right for you.
How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost?
This usually depends on the type of crown you choose to get, as well as a variety of other factors. But here are some numbers that are a good “rule of thumb”.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal crown – These crowns are built out of both porcelain and metal, and are usually quite affordable, ranging in cost from $850-$1400.
- All-porcelain crown – These crowns are typically a bit more expensive, as they only use porcelain and no metal base. Costs may vary between $800-$3000, depending on the specifics of your treatment.
- Metal crown – While metal crowns are more uncommon these days, they’re still a viable treatment option. The cost of a metal crown is usually between $800-$2400.
Though crowns are fairly expensive, most dental insurance companies cover crowns that are needed to restore damaged teeth. However, they will likely not cover crowns that are applied for purely aesthetic reasons.
As you can see, there is quite a bit of variability in how much dental crowns cost. For a more accurate estimate, you’ll need to talk to our office manager at the office of Dr. Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC. Call us now at (928) 773-7900!
What Are The Benefits Of A Crown Or Cap?
Dental crowns have a variety of benefits that make them a great choice for tooth restoration. Here are just a few of them.
- Strengthens teeth – Your crown covers all of the underlying tooth structure, and is bonded permanently with a specialized adhesive. This strengthens the treated tooth, as well as the teeth that surround it.
- Long lifespan – With proper care, dental crowns can easily last 15 years, and in some cases, over 25 years. This makes them a great long-term investment.
- Stain-resistant – The porcelain and ceramic materials used in dental crowns make them very stain-resistant, which helps you maintain a brighter smile!
Dr. Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC – Your Leading Flagstaff Cosmetic Dentist!
Need a Flagstaff cosmetic dentist? Want to learn more about the benefits of dental crowns? Dr. Jason Dittberner is a great choice. Dr. Dittberner has nearly 2 decades of cosmetic dentistry experience, and is an expert at the placement of dental crowns and caps.
Not sure if dental crowns are what you need? You may need porcelain veneers. Come in for an appointment at the office of Jason Dittberner, DDS, PC. We’d be glad to see you, perform an oral exam, and help you get the cosmetic dentistry services that you need to restore your smile!